One of the most powerful elements of Magic™ is the organization of data. It’s true that data integration takes time up-front, but our customers tell us the resulting data availability is unequaled. That data lies in each store, where the great majority of transactions happen. We have very robust and award-winning reporting at the individual store that our customers now can’t do without.
But, if you’ve got all this great data, you ask, what about having visibility ACROSS stores? Got you covered there too. Our included module, Central Data Server™, functions like its name by gathering (not to be confused with rolling up) by-store data into a standard SQL-based database for anyone to access. You configure the system to bring back the data you want under the timing you want to support the reports that you want to see.
It’s easy to send data to Business Intelligence or other analytical applications. You’ve got good reporting today most likely, but we’ve seen CDS data make some reports great!
Here’s some potential uses to get your creative juices flowing:
- Order Processing – warehouse, wholesale, DSD presale, Direct to Store
- Store Accounting interface – adjustments (known shrink), transfers
- Reporting and Business Intelligence:
- Order Modification Compliance Report
- Cycle Count Compliance Report
- Color-coded dashboard for stores that do not comply with their established standards.
- Current inventory by store (or zone) at cost & retail
- DSD Service-Level across stores and vendors (Top/Bottom 5)
- Shrink – understand items & stores most often adjusted
- Item Days On Hand – stores & items with excess inventory
- Summary survey totals by item – what stores need for promotion
- Forecasted orders – optimize supply chain opportunities
- eCommerce Support
This list is only restricted by the limits of your imagination or requests from the business for access to data you now have for them.